Sunday 1 November 2009

Lighting as Costume




For Halloween 2009 I was invited to a fabulous evening out with some amazing friends from work. We went out to two different venues, and had an amazing adventure winding our way through the streets of London fully dressed up. We had a ringmaster, Harry Potter, Sexy Cop, Beyonce Robot (me) and Justin in his sexy red hand designed coat (fab). We decided that we were all going to go all out on our costumes (and me being me I totally felt it) and made sure I thought about it for a long while before I committeed and then started creating. The lights were supplied by work and i stitched them each one by one into my V Neck :)









I wanted to do something really special for halloween to highlight my skills as both a costume designer and lighting designer. This pieces was inspired by the Beyonce motorcycle dress. Thus the amazing shoulderpads!!

I used LED lights and connected them all to battery points which were woven around my belt. The main central pieces were taken from an old Mac computer which became my BEYONCE chest plate ! It was amazing because so many Asian tourists took photos with me all evening and SO many photos of me are now floating around facebook! Here I took pics after the party (we came back in around 5 am) to highlight the feeling of the light and darkness. I literally lit up the party when the lights went out because it was synced with the music :) ! I met so many amazing people last night and am so thankful for the new business contacts and friends I met through this costume !
































As well I have decided that I'm going to be making a pair of wings (think Victoria Secret) for some parties that I will be going to and also for our work window display :) ! Amazing and sexy, and im going to make them on a frame so that I can have them bounce :) ! Ok more later!

- Jeffrey X






































No comments:

Post a Comment